Friday 27 December 2013

CHRISTMAS HAUL 2013



So sadly now, Christmas is over for yet another year and decorations are being boxed up and sale advertisements have already taken over our TV screens. Almost every year I hate after Christmas because all the warm festivity and spirit has disappeared and I remember I have to go back to school in just over a week and settle back down into the tiring routine. However this year I have reached the stage where although I feel sad it's all over, I can experiment with all my lovely new things and plan blog and Instagram posts. The only thing this year is that the majority of my Christmas budget was spent on makeup, therefore there aren't many clothes to show and a couple of items had to be unfortunately returned, but here is all of what I currently have from this Christmas.

NOTE: Please do not think I am showing-off in any way, I have been requested to write about what I received and I thought it might be useful for anyone who wants to spend Christmas money or hit the sales.

The makeup I received this year was perfect, the exact selection I was hoping for (I will try and get round to doing reviews or viewings of these items in future blogposts);

  • MAC pro palette with x15 insert and four eyeshadows: Cranberry, Paradisco, Satin Taupe and Naked Lunch.
  • MAC brushes: 266 angled brush and 217 fluffy blending brush.
  • MAC lipstick in Pink Nouveau.
  • MAC blush in Dame.
  • NARS Triple X lipgloss.
  • NARS Pro-Prime smudge-proof eyeshadow base.
  • Benefit's 'They're Real!' mascara.

Due to this large expense in makeup, I only received a few clothes this year, as shown in the pictures above. The mint embellished neckline jumper from Topshop, the collared navy dress from ASOS and the zigzag top from Ted Baker, all of which I love. There were a couple of other items which unfortunately had to be sent back, so there will hopefully be an additional item on its way soon. I also got two scarves, a gorgeous faux fur snood from Accessorize and a tartan scarf from ASOS.

Onto the more individual items, I received Lauren Conrad's Style book, which I'm sure many of you have guessed I was very pleased about, being a fan of Lauren Conrad's Beauty book. I got given two iPhone cases, one from Ted Baker and the other a smart black leather. Other presents I received are as follows: two Essie nail polishes, Filthy Gorgeous red nail polish, three Topshop nail polishes, Remington curlers, white flower fairy lights, Topshop frilly socks, chocolate buttons (always a bonus), an iTunes £15 voucher and £70.

Overall, I had a really lovely Christmas. We ate out for the first time in years and the food and atmosphere were amazing. I hope everyone too had a great Christmas and that this post was helpful to you for any personal purchases or gift ideas.

I've started a plan on future blog posts, from reviews to outfit photography. This will take time, due to upcoming GCSEs and required equipment for the ideas I have in mind, so hopefully I can keep pleasing every single one of you in the meantime.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I need to start a MAC palette :p x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!:) I recommend doing so, it's good fun as well hehe :p x

      Delete
  2. You're so lucky! Hope you had a great christmas. The MAC bits look amazing xxx


    www.ameliaseptember.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I did! It's crazy, I can't wait to use them :) xxx

      Delete