Saturday 25 January 2014

SPA DAY


Being my first time to a spa, I was excited about having a day of pure relaxation and refreshment. It was a day for my friend's sixteenth birthday, and what a lovely one it was too.

Unfortunately, and I do apologise for this, I don't really know the exact location of the golf club other than it was called Oasis Leisure and I was unable to take many photos because we were constantly occupied - sorry! It was a lovely day which consisted of swimming lengths which really refreshed my lazy muscles, lounging in a bubbling jacuzzi and briefly sitting in the steam room (which in the end I found a little to hot and choking for my liking, but luckily my friends enjoyed it). We then dried off and had a spot of lunch in the restaurant, my favourite part being the desert of oozing chocolate brownie (chocolate is one of my greatest weaknesses).

My highlight of the day was definitely the massage. At first I felt a bit out of my comfort zone having oil rubbed on my back by a stranger, but after a few minutes of friendly chatting and soothing music I soon drifted off into a world of my own, the everyday pressure and stress on my back being completely lifted. These times of pure relaxation, even if it's just having a hot bath or lying down with a dim light surrounding you really mentally relaxes you, which is something I highly recommend to anybody.

Lately, I have also really been into exercise and health, however please do not confuse this with dieting! I am aiming to build up muscles and tone/definition, not lose weight, because although I am very slim I feel the need to apply a bit more shape and strength to my figure. I have also been drinking a full glass of water every evening after weights (currently starting on 3kg), squats and sit-ups. Not only does this hydrate me but has greatly improved my skin and general feeling overall. I aim to keep this up for as long as possible because it has been making me feel a lot happier and healthier than I have in a long time!

5 comments:

  1. I'm one follower away from 60 on my blog, it would mean a lot if you checked it out x
    lucyabigailsmith.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your pictures! And it looks like you had a wonderful time as well! ^_^

    www.amiciarai.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh that looks wonderful! ugh a spa is defo what i need rn..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so lovely and relaxing! I've just done a 30 random questions post and I've tagged you to do it too. I'd love to see your answers! You can see the questions and what I answered here: http://ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/30-questions-tag.html xxx

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Looks like you had quite a day at the spa. It's nice to go out for a day, not think about anything at all, and just relax and rejuvenate your body. With all the stresses and problems we encounter at work and at home, we really need a bit of an alone time once in a while. You deserve it. :D
    Leena Wolf @ H2O Spa

    ReplyDelete