Sunday 19 January 2014

INTO SPRING STYLE GUIDE








I am aware it is only late January, but already I'm wishing it were Spring so I can get out my pastels and florals. But, since it's not quite there yet, I thought I'd write a blogpost about it instead.

So for each season there's always a trend; Winter/Autumn - dark reds, purples, tartan and fur, Spring - pastels, florals, corals and Summer - floaty florals, aztec, flowers and flesh. After Christmas, Winter always seems a bit rubbish now that the festivity has gone, so I think an 'Into Spring' post is good for lightening the mood. I've chosen a selection of clothing from my wardrobe (shown above) for what I think is perfect Spring wear. My aim of this post is to offer you ideas on what to wear this season and my personal picks.

Clothing
Because Spring isn't exactly warm, but still the sprouting of flowers and clear skies, pastels and florals are perfect for this season. I like the idea of wearing a dress with tights and a pale coat, because you're providing layers of cool, then warmth so you can apply or lose layers dependant on the weather. I might even wear a hat because it contrasts with the cooler clothes you're wearing therefore complimenting and enhancing your overall appearance (it's always good to stand out for the right reasons).

Accessories and shoes
In my opinion its a necessity to compliment your clothing choice with accessories. Whether it's a watch or a necklace - it always adds to the overall look. My favourite accessories are my Michael Kors watch and surprisingly phone cases. That might sound a bit strange but when you take out your phone to reply to a text or check your social network feeds, a case that compliments your outfit makes you look a lot more coordinated and unique. For shoes I think wedges, boots and flats look great in Spring. Unfortunately I can't give a range of examples because I have problems finding shoes due to having very slim ankles and feet, but I do recommend these. Browns and neutrals look most effective in Spring. All clothes shown are from Topshop and the wedges are from Jones.

Makeup and nails
I can't really be too confident on my recommendations for this category, because different shades will match your own personal complexion. But in my opinion, ideals for Spring would be neutrals and pinky corals for facial makeup such as eyeshadow, lipstick and blush (ones shown above are: MAC palette - Satin Taupe, Naked Lunch and Paradisco, Sleek Lace blush palette, Naked 2 palette, MAC Dame blush and for a MAC lipstick guide click here). I have always been a massive fan of a good facial sheen, my current favourite being MAC's Pink Rebel Lustre Drops which I use on my cheekbones and MAC Vanilla pigment which I use on my brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes. These are expensive but have lasted me since mid 2013 and amazingly aren't close to running out. Nail colours are always a must have for me, I hate having bare nails. Pastel shades of course are my recommendations for the Spring season.

I hope this post was helpful, I certainly enjoyed thinking and planning Spring 2014. I will hopefully get round to do OOTD posts so you can see what these items of clothing look like on.

15 comments:

  1. I can't wait for spring! I love the nail polishes :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spring! And I love your fashion ideas as well! ^_^

    www.amiciarai.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post :) These nail varnish colours are gorgeous! I must get some Spring colours because all I seem to have at the moment for spring is Essie - Fiji!!

    http://comichellex.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I was lucky enough to get that one for christmas! my favourite makes are defintely Barry M and Topshop though :)

      Delete
  4. I love your mint green coat! I'm eyeing up this year's version and I think I might have to take the plunge

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I really like your blog! But could I say, I think it would be easier if you uploaded a photo and then write about it and continue that as I find it hard to keep scrolling up and down. Just a tip but aside from that your blog is lovely <3

    theperksofprettythings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm sorry:( I just prefer to keep all my images grouped together because it looks smarter but I'll bear that in mind!<3

      Delete
  6. I love the mac pallets and I've been meaning to buy one for ages! But I'm not sure how expensive they are, as I know some mac products are quite expensive? P.s. I love your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The palettes themselves aren't expensive, it's the pans that cost an unfortunate £10 each, but all the same I really recommend getting one. The palette itself is great quality and the pans last ages! Thank you I'm glad to hear it :) x

      Delete
  7. We have the same thought about planning ahead of time on what to wear on spring season, Ellie! Pastel colors are my favorites too. I guess there’s nothing wrong about planning your wardrobe for spring, right? Haha! Anyway, when it comes to clothes, I prefer sheers and floral dresses more.

    Carole Fuchs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a much-loved habit of mine! Nothing at all, it's always good to have a bit of fun put outfits together in preparation. I have to agree those are lovely styles!

      Delete