Friday 3 January 2014

YOUR TIME



Hello 2014! And what better way to kick start the year with a blogpost all about you and your own time (and a few random pictures of my hair). I've always really appreciated quality 'me time', and I don't just mean lounging around not doing much, but doing something satisfyingly productive (I've previously written a post called Sunday Sensations where I talk about Sunday 'me time'). For example, getting any work out of the way but working at your highest standard to produce a good outcome. I've always been one for positive thinking; getting boring things out of the way but taking care of them, then being able to follow with something that you actually enjoy as a reward.

For example, one of my favourite quality times is writing blog posts, editing photos and sometimes drawing. I also love reading, but admittedly I don't do enough of it, so I guess that is going to be one of my New Year's resolutions. Reading is really good for stimulating and relaxing the brain, a good method if your stressed. Other personal methods of 'me time' is having a bath using a face mask and using bath products, the feeling of cleansing and soaking I find really relaxing and producing hopefully a good visible outcome (being in my late teens skin care is highly important). I really enjoy spending time with my friends, and I do count this as 'me time' because it's still something I want to do in my free time and we all need that chance to talk about all things life related.

Time for yourself should always be spent in a place you enjoy for particular reasons; the surroundings, the noise level and the comfort. My favourite place in our house is the corridor to our spare room and the spare room itself. Obviously my bedroom is my haven, but the spare room is the most peaceful place in our house; being away from the road and with views of the fields, treetops and stream at the bottom of the valley it really is an idyllic place to clear my mind, have a think about things and have genuine quality time with myself. I also love the lighting in the room because the windows are East and South facing therefore during the day the room is nearly always light (and is the place where I take the majority of my Instagram photos). It's a lovely cool, airy and quiet room to relax in. A couple of the photos above show the ledge in the corridor outside our spare room, and I love this area a lot. It's nice to sometimes sit on the ledge and wonder for the sake of it, looking at the sky and the treetops.

Your time is quality, moments which everyone deserves as regularly as possible.

6 comments:

  1. I love this post! and I agree, sundays are for doing what you want. I saw the link to your blog on instagram! I've followed. Maybe check out mine if you have the time.x

    http://floradorarose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! I love a bit of 'me time' :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl your posts are actually flawless, keep up the great work! Did you design your blog yourself? If you did could you do a post on how to design your blog or something? :)

    http://comichellex.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! Yes I did :) sure when I find the time :)

      Delete