Sunday 9 February 2014

AMBITIONS, DREAMS AND PLANNING

Photos taken from Google Images.
Dreaming
We all have those moments when we're leaning on a pile of work, gazing out of the window at the cloudy grey sky with flecks of rain beginning to appear on the glass. When all we want to do is...well that's just it. We want to do what we want to do. But at that moment you can't, because you have that essay in for tomorrow, you don't have the money, you feel like your life is out of your grasp.

But fear not. If you really work for something, you can achieve it. Never tell yourself you can't because you can, you're just taking your first steps. I have many life ambitions, and recently daydreaming about them during my science classes has become quite a habit. I don't want to waste precious time writing about things I feel I won't ever use in life, I want to be out there, I want to see the world. But now I know working hard will get me there. Sure, you can drop out and go travelling, but I feel if I've worked my way there, there's more to achieve. By working I can get a job and earn money which can take me to all these amazing places over time.

Ambitions
So what's on my bucket list? As shown above, these are the six main things I want to do in my life:

Hawaii
I have wanted to go to Hawaii ever since I can remember. Not only is it a cluster of islands in the middle of the Pacific, but it has some of the best night skies in the world, observatories, active volcanoes, beaches, marine life and some species of plants that aren't found anywhere else in the world. Amazing, right?

Bora Bora
I have recently been craving this Pacific island. Home to one of the best hotels in the world, Bora Bora has water bungalows, infinity pools, meals in the lagoon, marine life and rainforests.

New Zealand
Another truly stunning place of mountains, lakes, forests, beaches, beautiful landscapes, springs and volcanoes.

New York
A place of manmade beauty. It has been an ambition I have always dreamt of for seeing sites, shopping (in particular), fashion shows, the Statue of Liberty and city lights.

The Aurora Borealis
Otherwise known as the Northern Lights. Something that is a definite ambition and that I feel I wouldn't be complete without seeing them. Charged particles from the Sun's solar flares which break through the magnetosphere of the earth at the poles. I am very keen on astronomy and to see something this spectacular would be unreal.

Festivals
Quite random, yet I've often seen camera adverts where people are taking pictures of festivals of colour or light. And there are festivals like this, and I would love to be part of a huge gathering of people celebrating music, culture and colour.

Planning
All of this might seem impossible, but I'm going to really work hard to reach these goals.
I love writing, fashion and exploring so I came up with the idea of becoming a travelling fashion journalist. I follow many bloggers who travel, write, go to fashion shows and this is what I would love to do as well. I have already planned a lot of my future, such as courses, universities and ambitions. So if you feel like you don't know what to do or where to go in life, don't worry about it. It isn't worth worrying about, just see where time takes you. Think about things you really enjoy, things you know you'd love to see/do/be/use in life. Don't feel the need to do what's expected, do what your gut tells you (I feel as if I have written about a dozen tumblr-sounding quotes in this post, sorry!) Planning isn't essential, but it is useful. It's good to have some guidance in your life instead of relying on momentary ideas. But if you are stuck, write these momentary ideas down. You can then combine all of them to come up with a sensible idea as to what you want to do or be.


I hope this post inspired you! So what's on your bucket list?

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading this post I really want to go traveling too when I'm older great blog!!
    Asia x
    http://asiajade1996.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an inspiring post lovley, definitely something I long to do soon! Bora Bora is one on my list too:) Lisa x
    http://lipstickandlisa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete