Wednesday 6 November 2013

AUTUMN TARTAN | OOTD


So because it's nearing the end of Autumn (Fall) and the beginning of Winter, I thought I'd post about what my favourite outfit has been this season. What I love about Autumn is being able to start snuggling into jumpers and wearing darker colours on your nails, as well as walking in chilled, seasoned air with the sound of colourful leaves crunching beneath your feet. 

So I went out and purchased a black and a berry nail varnish from Barry M, and treated myself to a tartan skirt from Missguided. When tartan suddenly came into fashion, at first I was quite weary of it. I'd seen numerous people wearing tartan scarves but I was worried it would look odd as actual clothing. But I was wrong! I couldn't be more pleased with the tartan skater skirt I bought from Missguided for a reasonable £14.99. I styled it with a flecked black crop jumper from Topshop (last year), Topshop studded boots and a bright red lipstick (this varied between Barry M 121 and MAC So Chaud). When I wore it out, I also added a black leather jacket for some extra warmth for the Autumnal inspired look. I love the simplicity of this look but the vibrant red of the skirt makes it complete. I'd love to wear and also recommend black buckle boots, high or low. 

I'm looking forward to Winter and hopefully the odd sprinkling of snow, so I can wear some new snuggly purchases (a Winter blogpost is coming soon…) and not to mention Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. your blog is amazing how did you get your blog layout?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I just customized the ethereal template and made my own header and widget titles on photoshop, also editing the HTML code for any changes to the original template. It took me ages!

      Delete