Sunday 24 November 2013

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS



So it's approaching one of our favourite times of the year…Christmas! Although it may not be everyone's cup of tea, I love the atmosphere, lights, decorations, the cold frosty mornings which can be treated with a hot chocolate and a crackling fire (that's unless you're like me and you have to drag yourself to school every morning).

I particularly love Christmas shopping and admiring shop window layouts. I had a good browse in the local mall (after seeing The Hunger Games - Catching Fire, which was AMAZING) and the decorations were breathtaking. It made shopping even more enjoyable than usual.
Walking outside was also just as lovely as being inside with all the lights, except this light was from an orange sun setting early on the horizon, the air brisk and beneath my feet were brown and yellow leaves (I apologise if I get vividly descriptive). It was even more seasonal because in my hands I held a Starbucks hot chocolate, in one of their festive cups which of course added to the overall feel.

My outfits haven't been varying hugely lately, because the majority of clothes I really want I've asked for Christmas, so I've had to resist purchasing anything new. In the above picture was a comfy and cosy outfit I wore for a lazy afternoon in Costa with a friend, consisting of…you guessed it…Topshop clothing. I have however other favourites which I will be featuring in a Winter Favourites blogpost which I hope to get round to doing sometime, GCSEs unfortunately take priority!

My favourite Christmas songs have definitely been the classic Michael Bublé 'Walking in a Winter Wonderland' and Lily Allen 'Somewhere Only We Know' from the adorable John Lewis Christmas advert, something I look forward to every year.

The only thing I'm waiting for now is snow!

1 comment: